There was a Blackout. It was Worldwide. But it wasn’t technology. It was People, everywhere, who blacked out. And they had visions. Of their own Future.
Some of these visions were quite bad. But do they have to happen? And then, as people go on living their lives, things and situations happen, and they realize: Oh my God! This was like part of what was in my earlier vision.
What caused the Blackout? What caused the visions? Are the people helpless against Fate? This show is available on DVD.
So! You want to spend less money to watch TV. You can! With Philo TV.
It’s cheaper than YouTube TV. Cheaper than Hulu. You get 63 channels for 20.00 a month. Sounds awesome!
However, there are 2 catches. But do they matter?
1–you dont get any sports channels. #2. No news channels, either. Can you live without those? If yes, you save good money and also get a great batch of channels and variety. Is it worth it? See http://www.philo.com and scroll down.
Tales of Tomorrow was an early 50s TV Sci-fi show. Some cool plots. You can find more episodes to watch on Youtube. See also, the episodes:
- All The Time In The World—and–
- The Miraculous Serum
This one, is called: The Duplicates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfbfrRWqI7k Enjoy!
The OUTER LIMITS was a 60’s and then later a 90’s Sci-fi TV show. This episode is from the 90’s series. Nora meets her exact clone. Creepy! The Outer Limits had many very good plots and ideas. Often, things that you would hope never happen, but often fascinating and thought-provoking. I like how the 90s episodes have interesting narration at the beginning and endings.
This was a 70’s Western TV show. “The Guns of Will Sonnett” starring Walter Brennan. This show is available on DVD through Amazon. Funny, how there are so many crime shows on TV but hardly any Westerns (are there any?) today.
As we spend more time indoors due to the Carona Virus, here are some good movie/DVD/TV recommendations. In no particular order:
- LMN (Lifetime Movie Network). If you have cable TV, this channel basically shows one 2hr movie after another. A surprising amount of good movies. Great suspense! Movies involving: fake identities, stalkers, school crushes with the wrong person, warped psychos, people wanting revenge, evil neighbors and ripped-from-the-headlines stories. The good guys usually win, but can go through hell getting there.
- . the movie, “Police Academy”. Maloney is a goof-off/prankster. It’s just plain funny. Buy the DVD or rent this.
- “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” w/Steve Martin. The poor guy just wants to get home for the holidays to be with his family and one-thing-after-another goes wrong. You gotta see this.
- “The Dead Zone”. a 70s movie. Its been a long time. Was it about mind control? But after all these years, I remember it was a good one.
- “Firestarter”. Based on a Stephen King novel.
- “Porkey’s” Porkeys was a bar. The owner is a crabby old man. Some high school or college kids get revenge. Funny. And—
Along with good movies, now is a good time to get the Family together, order a Pizza and get together around a big table and play some fun old Board Games. People did more of this back in, say, 1970. It was a fun way to connect with friends. We can still do it now. Chances are, you’ve heard of the game: Monopoly. But there are some other good ones. Barnes & Noble, Walmart or Target should have these. Try the games:
- Yahtzee ( a dice game)
- Clue ( a who-dunnit crime game that leaves Clues)
- Aggravation (whoever gets all of their marbles around the board first, wins. But it takes rolling a 6 or a 1 to be able to move a marble out of the “home row”. There is also decison-making. Do you want to move-out another new marble or further advance one thats already out on the board?
Movies and Games. Gather ’round and enjoy some fun. And re-connect. For now, stay home and stay healthy.
Awesome! The Invaders is an old 60’s TV show. There were 3 seasons. This is the full pilot episode called “BeachHead”, from Youtube. Good Scifi.
Here is a beginning recap of the original Dark Shadows TV show! The show is also available on DVD. Amazon.com should have it. Thanks, Youtube, Turn it up. Hear the story. Enjoy!