There was a Blackout. It was Worldwide. But it wasn’t technology. It was People, everywhere, who blacked out. And they had visions. Of their own Future.
Some of these visions were quite bad. But do they have to happen? And then, as people go on living their lives, things and situations happen, and they realize: Oh my God! This was like part of what was in my earlier vision.
What caused the Blackout? What caused the visions? Are the people helpless against Fate? This show is available on DVD.
So! You want to spend less money to watch TV. You can! With Philo TV.
It’s cheaper than YouTube TV. Cheaper than Hulu. You get 63 channels for 20.00 a month. Sounds awesome!
However, there are 2 catches. But do they matter?
1–you dont get any sports channels. #2. No news channels, either. Can you live without those? If yes, you save good money and also get a great batch of channels and variety. Is it worth it? See http://www.philo.com and scroll down.
Tales of Tomorrow was an early 50s TV Sci-fi show. Some cool plots. You can find more episodes to watch on Youtube. See also, the episodes:
- All The Time In The World—and–
- The Miraculous Serum
This one, is called: The Duplicates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfbfrRWqI7k Enjoy!
Some years back, there was a TV crime show simply called: “MONK”. That was for Adrian Monk. I loved this show because it was done differently. Most crime shows are a who-did-it. With many episodes of Monk (i think there were 8 seasons), in the first 10 minutes Monk would say: “That’s the guy!” –but, at the time Monk says that, it seems soooo unlikely, maybe even impossible, or someone has a great Alibi. You are often told right up front who did it, and the show is still very interesting because you can’t possibly see HOW it could be “that guy” and spend just about all of the show wracking your brain, trying to figure out how MONK figured it out. Then, in the last 2 minutes, you get the Big Reveal. This is the end of one of my favorite episodes. It’s season 2, episode 1 “Mr. Monk Goes Back to School”. Season 2 is available on DVD from Amazon.
Seinfeld. It was a funny show. DVDs available through Amazon.com Enjoy! Thanks, Youtube.
As we spend more time indoors due to the Carona Virus, here are some good movie/DVD/TV recommendations. In no particular order:
- LMN (Lifetime Movie Network). If you have cable TV, this channel basically shows one 2hr movie after another. A surprising amount of good movies. Great suspense! Movies involving: fake identities, stalkers, school crushes with the wrong person, warped psychos, people wanting revenge, evil neighbors and ripped-from-the-headlines stories. The good guys usually win, but can go through hell getting there.
- . the movie, “Police Academy”. Maloney is a goof-off/prankster. It’s just plain funny. Buy the DVD or rent this.
- “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” w/Steve Martin. The poor guy just wants to get home for the holidays to be with his family and one-thing-after-another goes wrong. You gotta see this.
- “The Dead Zone”. a 70s movie. Its been a long time. Was it about mind control? But after all these years, I remember it was a good one.
- “Firestarter”. Based on a Stephen King novel.
- “Porkey’s” Porkeys was a bar. The owner is a crabby old man. Some high school or college kids get revenge. Funny. And—
Along with good movies, now is a good time to get the Family together, order a Pizza and get together around a big table and play some fun old Board Games. People did more of this back in, say, 1970. It was a fun way to connect with friends. We can still do it now. Chances are, you’ve heard of the game: Monopoly. But there are some other good ones. Barnes & Noble, Walmart or Target should have these. Try the games:
- Yahtzee ( a dice game)
- Clue ( a who-dunnit crime game that leaves Clues)
- Aggravation (whoever gets all of their marbles around the board first, wins. But it takes rolling a 6 or a 1 to be able to move a marble out of the “home row”. There is also decison-making. Do you want to move-out another new marble or further advance one thats already out on the board?
Movies and Games. Gather ’round and enjoy some fun. And re-connect. For now, stay home and stay healthy.
There are many things that I don’t want to talk about on a 1st date. Or maybe any other time, too. And some things I’m totally sick of seeing on TV, sad and legitimate though they may be. Some are super-boring and some, while there may be a genuine need for help, are just “shoved-in-your-face” over and over and over and over on TV until you are worn out and now disgusted to see them at all.
Can I watch just ONE solid 7 day week of TV and NOT see any commercials whatsoever about:
- Bladder leakage products
- Wounded warriors
- Animal cruelty
- starving people in foreign countries
The need may be real, but the relentless overkill frequency of the commercials gives one “compassion fatigue” and becomes a real turn-off. That said, some topics are super-boring when you meet a new person, or even afterwards. For me, I really bored silly over anyone wanting to talk about:
- “giving back” to the “community” or “making a difference”. Bleeaaaughh. GO AWAY. Now!
- Anything Vegan, gluten-free, or how anyone is allegic to this and that and that and wants 4 accommodations whenever they go to any restaurant and interrogate the servers.
- Liberals, social “justice” warriors.
- the middle east
- Climate change and/or the Environment
- “Lightworkers”, quantum theory anything, Ekhart Tolle, Deepok Chopra or Oprah.
- People who love to keep deciding that this or that isn’t really “Appropriate”.
- . people who are late, lax, unreliable and then say everything is “no big deal”.
What can I say? Good help is hard to find. But worth looking for.
Hello Sci-fi lovers!
NEW TV show. Tuesday nights on ABC. It’s called: “EMERGENCE” and it looks good. Check it out!
There is a NEW TV show on Monday nights. It’s called: “Manifest”. It looks good.
What happens when you get on a plane, the flight encounters turbulence, but you land safely, and then you find out that…….watch this!
Like Scifi? The Original Star Trek TV show had many good shows with interesting plots, like this one from Season 1. Why would anyone piloting a spaceship destroy themself by flying into a Sun? You can order all 3 seasons of the original Star Trek through Amazon.com on DVD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAALesF72c
Science Fiction TV. Before The Twilight Zone, Before One Step Beyond, there was “Tales of Tomorrow”. Early-50’s scifi TV. Some of the endings are a bit abrupt but these are fun to check out. Like this one, “The Miraculous Serum”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC7vr0pkauo
Around 1973-74, Comedian Flip Wilson had a TV show. He was widely loved by many in his time.