There are many fascinating things about Ireland. How did they begin? For example:
- Who was the first Leprechaun? Where do they come from? What is their purpose?
2. “The Luck of the Irish”. How did the Irish become Lucky?
3. Are 4-Leaf Clovers lucky? Why?
4. What are the main functions of Elves? How are Elves different from Gnomes or Pixies?
5. Why is there a Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow?
6. Where do Gargoyles come from and what do they do?
7. Why is the Blarney Stone considered lucky?
I’m not Irish but I find several things about Ireland to be fascinating. In no particular order:
1. Leprechauns. Who was the first Leprechaun? What is their purpose?
2. The saying: “‘Tis the Luck o’ the IRISH”. Does that mean bad luck or good luck? How did this saying get started?
3. St. Patrick getting rid of all the snakes in Ireland. Was there really a St. Patrick? And, did he? Were there ever snakes in Ireland to begin with?
4. 4-Leaf Clovers. Why are they Lucky? How did that get started?
5. Why so many things having to do with Luck? And how did the Pot-of-Gold-at-the-end-of-the-Rainbow get started? That’s Irish, too. Isn’t it?
6. What does it mean if someone is “Black-irish? I don’t know.
7. Who were the Picts? Who were the first people to inhabit Ireland–and where did they come from?
8. Is there a language, native to Ireland, that is older than Gaelic?
9. Why does Ireland have all this Legend? Folklore?, etc., yet England is nearby and doesn’t appear to have near as much of this? I find it interesting.
#Ireland #IrishHistory #Legends #Folklore