As we spend more time indoors due to the Carona Virus, here are some good movie/DVD/TV recommendations. In no particular order:
- LMN (Lifetime Movie Network). If you have cable TV, this channel basically shows one 2hr movie after another. A surprising amount of good movies. Great suspense! Movies involving: fake identities, stalkers, school crushes with the wrong person, warped psychos, people wanting revenge, evil neighbors and ripped-from-the-headlines stories. The good guys usually win, but can go through hell getting there.
- . the movie, “Police Academy”. Maloney is a goof-off/prankster. It’s just plain funny. Buy the DVD or rent this.
- “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” w/Steve Martin. The poor guy just wants to get home for the holidays to be with his family and one-thing-after-another goes wrong. You gotta see this.
- “The Dead Zone”. a 70s movie. Its been a long time. Was it about mind control? But after all these years, I remember it was a good one.
- “Firestarter”. Based on a Stephen King novel.
- “Porkey’s” Porkeys was a bar. The owner is a crabby old man. Some high school or college kids get revenge. Funny. And—
Along with good movies, now is a good time to get the Family together, order a Pizza and get together around a big table and play some fun old Board Games. People did more of this back in, say, 1970. It was a fun way to connect with friends. We can still do it now. Chances are, you’ve heard of the game: Monopoly. But there are some other good ones. Barnes & Noble, Walmart or Target should have these. Try the games:
- Yahtzee ( a dice game)
- Clue ( a who-dunnit crime game that leaves Clues)
- Aggravation (whoever gets all of their marbles around the board first, wins. But it takes rolling a 6 or a 1 to be able to move a marble out of the “home row”. There is also decison-making. Do you want to move-out another new marble or further advance one thats already out on the board?
Movies and Games. Gather ’round and enjoy some fun. And re-connect. For now, stay home and stay healthy.