By now, you’ve already seen it: Star Wars, “The Last Jedi”. After I saw it, I felt it was a letdown. Here’s why:
1. SNOKE—He gets killed. Seriously? When fans had oodles of questions about him? He was portrayed differently, too. Before the Last Jedi, he was Dark, Mysterious, talked a bit slow. Suddenly, in the Last Jedi, he’s about 3 times more outgoing, far less mysterious and much more like a sarcastic, arrogant butt-head. But then he gets killed. Go figure. Unless this is somehow setting things up for a super-showdown later between Rey and Kylo Ren, it seemed like a waste.
2. The Asian Lady and Finn. What is this all about, anyway? What is the point? Frankly, why are they even in the movie? To me they seem like “filler” characters who really don’t need to be there. But it gets worse—-
3. That “lady captain or commander” of the Starship. Was she a blonde? I can’t even remember her name, but she seemed utterly clueless about strategy or fighting/battle tactics and all she had was a 10-story Ego to go with her title. I wondered if she were secretly working for the dark side for part of the movie.
4. With Snoke gone, how will Kylo Ren advance in the Dark side of the Force? Rey, still has “the old Ancient books” on her ship, right? So she could get more knowledge from those.
5. We STILL haven’t found out who Rey’s parents are.
6. We still haven’t found out who created the first order and why.
7. We still don’t know how Maz Kanata got posession of Luke’s old Lightsaber.
8. We still don’t know who Maz Kanata is.
After all that, it appears that the slate has been wiped clean for the next movie to take-off and begin a whole new direction/chapter but—-it’s hard to imagine if or how it could be as good or recapture-the-old-glory of previous Star Wars. Will Luke or Yoda ever help out, as Force-ghosts, in future battles? Unknown.