I’m not Irish but I find several things about Ireland to be fascinating. In no particular order:
1. Leprechauns. Who was the first Leprechaun? What is their purpose?
2. The saying: “‘Tis the Luck o’ the IRISH”. Does that mean bad luck or good luck? How did this saying get started?
3. St. Patrick getting rid of all the snakes in Ireland. Was there really a St. Patrick? And, did he? Were there ever snakes in Ireland to begin with?
4. 4-Leaf Clovers. Why are they Lucky? How did that get started?
5. Why so many things having to do with Luck? And how did the Pot-of-Gold-at-the-end-of-the-Rainbow get started? That’s Irish, too. Isn’t it?
6. What does it mean if someone is “Black-irish? I don’t know.
7. Who were the Picts? Who were the first people to inhabit Ireland–and where did they come from?
8. Is there a language, native to Ireland, that is older than Gaelic?
9. Why does Ireland have all this Legend? Folklore?, etc., yet England is nearby and doesn’t appear to have near as much of this? I find it interesting.
#Ireland #IrishHistory #Legends #Folklore
Have some fun with this.
You are out walking. In the grass, you find a strange bottle. You pick it up. WHHOOOOOOSSHHH!
A magic Genie appears and makes you this offer:
You can live another 1000 years in energetic, perfect health. There is only one catch: you will also be extremely ugly and repulsive-looking. Do you accept the offer?
#Trivia #HighSchool #Comedy
Just for Fun, some science questions. I don’t have the answers, but the questions are amusing to think about.
- Why is Lightning jagged and zig-zaggy? Why doesn’t it travel in straight lines?
- A storm happens. Lightning strikes a Lake. Let’s say the lake is 1 mile, across. One foot below the surface of the water, is a Trout fish. It dies from the Lightning Zap. Question: But how deep in the lake would it need to be, to be unfazed?
- . A rainbow is colored, curved and does not appear to be moving. Yet, the Northern Lights are also colored, they wave and swirl and don’t stay still. Why the difference?
- What is “Avagadro’s Number”?
- What is “Plank’s Constant”?
- The upper windshields on many cars are blue glass, but why blue? Why not red or orange? Some sunglasses have an Orange-ish/brown tint. Why not car windshields?
- Astronomy. The Big Bang. It’s a theory. Did you know that the Big Bang Theory didn’t come along until 1927? What did most everyone believe in 1925?
OK, that’s enough nerdiness for one day. (smile). I post about several different topics at: thewordpressowl.wordpress.com –Relationships, Music, Books, TV & more. 🙂