There are many things that I don’t want to talk about on a 1st date. Or maybe any other time, too. And some things I’m totally sick of seeing on TV, sad and legitimate though they may be. Some are super-boring and some, while there may be a genuine need for help, are just “shoved-in-your-face” over and over and over and over on TV until you are worn out and now disgusted to see them at all.
Can I watch just ONE solid 7 day week of TV and NOT see any commercials whatsoever about:
- Bladder leakage products
- Wounded warriors
- Animal cruelty
- starving people in foreign countries
The need may be real, but the relentless overkill frequency of the commercials gives one “compassion fatigue” and becomes a real turn-off. That said, some topics are super-boring when you meet a new person, or even afterwards. For me, I really bored silly over anyone wanting to talk about:
- “giving back” to the “community” or “making a difference”. Bleeaaaughh. GO AWAY. Now!
- Anything Vegan, gluten-free, or how anyone is allegic to this and that and that and wants 4 accommodations whenever they go to any restaurant and interrogate the servers.
- Liberals, social “justice” warriors.
- the middle east
- Climate change and/or the Environment
- “Lightworkers”, quantum theory anything, Ekhart Tolle, Deepok Chopra or Oprah.
- People who love to keep deciding that this or that isn’t really “Appropriate”.
- . people who are late, lax, unreliable and then say everything is “no big deal”.
What can I say? Good help is hard to find. But worth looking for.